Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Roadshow Rocks!

Well, it's over.  You know, the thing that's been at the front of my mind, on the tip of my tongue, and the thing that has given me some sleepless nights for the last few months.

Our roadshow.

Sweat, tears, time, energy, effort, heart, and soul went into this show.  It was hard.  It was fun.  It was entertaining.  It was faith-building (for me, anyway).  It was challenging.  It was rewarding.

We loosely retold the story of Alma the Younger and the sons of Mosiah from The Book of Mormon.  We used the parts found in Mosiah 27-28, and Alma 17-19.  Basically, Alma and the sons of Mosiah are tearing down the church and spreading lies.  An angel comes, and the guys repent, and then they all go on missions in their enemy's territory (the Lamanites).  We also told the story of Ammon's mission: he becomes a servant to King Lamoni, and saves Lamoni's sheep from some other Lamanites by chopping off their arms.  Then Lamoni and a lot of his kingdom become converted.

It's a very cool story.

While studying this story again, I came across a really cool scripture.  It's Alma 26: 12-Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I just love that scripture.

I honestly don't think I can pick a favorite part of our roadshow.  We called it CSI: Zarahemla.  We had these CSI guys investigate the crimes that the brothers were doing, including chopping off the arms.  Just, every little bit was awesome, and funny, and amazing. 

Our CSI guys were perfect (and imitated David Caruso in CSI: Miami).  Our brothers each had their own style of picking on the citizens.  The brothers each had a great style and were so awesome in their own way.  Our citizens actually looked like they got hurt by the brothers.  The dancing was amazing.  My set boys were crazy fast at taking off our sets.  Our Alma the Elder rapped!  Our angel wore stilts.  Our Lamoni wore a glittery crown with pride.  We had cute little kids be our sheep.  Our bad Lamanites parodied "The Three Amigos", and sang and danced to My Little Buttercup with fake arms that got cut off by a light saber.  They even threw their fake arms (as they were being cut off) at the stake president who was sitting on the front row.  Awesome.

Everyone in our show did an amazing job.  I was so impressed, and grateful.

Well, right now I don't have a copy of our show, so pictures in a fabulous slide show will have to suffice.  I tried to put them in show order, but I don't know if the slide show thingy cooperated with that idea.  And someday I'll get a copy, but who knows if I'll be able to load it onto a blog-it might break blogger because of its size (25-ish minutes).  Or because of its awesomeness.



Post-roadshow: my body decided to shut down.  Feeling sick, and SUPER tired, and achy.  I've been sleeping a lot, and have been to the chiropractor a few times (my back has been out a long time).  I have much to catch up on, and much to do still.  The end of school is ramping up, with so many things to do and accomplish.  I'm excited for summer and the laziness it (somewhat) promises.  I do promise to blog all about the past, present, and future!

9 comments:

Kar said...

Dude, I still need to blog about your roadshow. And I need to get Ben to burn it onto a DVD for you, pronto. That little dancer in the front was just my favorite. Such charisma.

Layton Mom said...

We can get you a copy too, someday!

Patty said...

Karlenn has been bragging about how good your show was. She was very impressed. The pictures look great. I'm sure the music was great. You're so stinking creative.

Valerie said...

Nat, I am soo sad we missed this. I have heard so much about it from people in every ward of the stake. That stake really is the best! Your pics look awesome. Good job!

Larsen said...

AHHHHH! You post is awesome. I wanna watch your show again! I loved it. the arm chopping was our favorite part. SO FUNNY! I can't believe your body shut down....mine did too. It's like it knew....because I did great until the last night, and that last night I was feeling a little off, and woke up Sunday morning sick. thankfully that only last a few days. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Hope you can come to dinner too. HUGS! LOVE YOU GIRL!

Amy said...

Amazing! I'm glad that it all came together so well. I know that you and Pete put tons of time into it. I'd love to watch it all sometime. I know that the music was awesome. Sorry to hear that you are all sick now. That is definitely nno fun.

Rachel said...

I went to the Roadshow and loved it! Of course it was the best one, but I may be a little bit bias since it was my ward. You guys did a fantastic job~!

Jenny said...

that looks like an amazing road show! nice job.

Mindy H. said...

Congrats! Road shows are sooooooo much work, but they result in so many amazing memories. I'm glad that yours went so well... and that you now get to bask in the relief of having it done.