Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Monday, December 8, 2008

I Want My Two Dollars!

The other day I went to Payless to get the boys new Sunday shoes. After all, Brock was wearing a 6 1/2, and now he wears 9 1/2. Squeezed toes must be a great feeling. And we saw these $3 shoes for Jakob. He instantly fell in love. With $3 shoes! They even had Iron man shoes there (which he didn't, uh, get a chance to see...ahem).


Jakob's school had a fundraiser-selling cookie dough. I bought some really overpriced buckets of dough, and after a billion years of thawing I had my doubts as to how good they would actually be. Now I'm a believer. I have a hunch this batch of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies won't last long today in our house.


The pan I've used all of 3 times. Remember, sometimes cheaper means crappier. Maybe the pan makers are under the impression that flakes of pan coating can be good for you or something.


Oh, and my leaky fridge? Turns out it was a leaky freezer leaking into the fridge. The guy came and "fixed" it. It was leaking again last night. I want my (way more than) two dollars!!

The other day we went to Wendy's for dinner, because I'm a fabulouso dinner-planner-aheader. They didn't give us the frosty at first, and then when we got home we realized our fries were missing. Doh! Just another day in the life of my crappy customer service karma.

And, have you seen "Better Off Dead"? Hilarious! "We have Fraunch toast, and Fraunch bread, and Fraunch fries..."

6 comments:

Kar said...

Dylan just made me watch that video clip, like, three times! He was laughing and laughing. :) Dude, it sucks that your freezer and your car crapped out at the same time. That is sooo how it always happens. When it rains, it pours.

Unknown said...

I say call the guy who "fixed" it and have him come back free of charge to fix it right.... UGH. If he is disagreeable just mention that negative word of mouth spreads fast... that you've already blogged about it (without the company name) but would be happy to include it next time...

sometimes you have to get mean with service people to get it done right.... unfortunately!

Love that Jacob fell in love with inexpensive shoes... can he come talk to Goober? He's recently fallen in love with Heely's...

Rachel said...

You are so funny! I love to read your blog. I also love the "I want my 2 dollars." I had an ex-boyfriend that treated me like crap and right before we broke up I borrowed his "Better Off Dead" movie and I have never returned it! I don't think he deserved to have it back!!

Mindy H. said...

Thanks for sharing you adventures. I think blogs are very theraputic! The blogger gets to vent and the readers get to see that they aren't the only people in the world with lives that usually don't go according to plan :)

The Staker Family said...

So here is a little secret about the cookie dough, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds or maybe less, and then it becomes much more scoopable!

Soozee Carmichael said...

Oh my gosh that movie is hilarious! I say that all the time!! "I want my two dollars!!" so funny...