Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick and Tired


Troy, sleeping on the top stair.

The flu has decided to take a death grip upon our household, so I've not been much in the blogging, dressing, sitting, eating, doing-anything-besides-be-close-to-the-toilet mood. So until we get better, I'll share some Nat Pack-isms, so you can be all, "Awww! What adorable kids she has!"

When I found Troy's barf oozing out from under his door (aren't you glad I shared that image? and aren't you glad you're not me right now?), I said, "Troy, did you barf?" And he said, "No Mom, I spilled!" I guess if his stomach spilled...

The looks I got when I said, "Smile!" Brock's fishy, Troy's scowl, Jakob's fake smile. It's a wonder we get any decent pictures at all!


Brock: Mom, I don't feel good. Me: What feels yucky? Brock: Um...my back. Will you rub it? (Anything to get pampered, the little Prince!)

My stair step boys:


Jakob: Mom, when I get back from my mission, I will be a hero! And then I can marry Ila, because she'll want to marry a hero because she's a princess.

When you're tired, you're tired! Ivy's 6 months old now.


The prayer policeman. Troy loves saying the prayer now. And we'll prompt him with, "Thank you for this day", and he says, "Thank you Jakob could go to school today." I hear that phrase/question/exclamation at least 20-30 times a day. Apparently he's very concerned about Jakob's education.


While I was getting ready for church, Jakob said, "Mom, you're HOT!" Maybe I'm doing something right in raising my kids, after all.

8 comments:

Soozee Carmichael said...

I love your kids! They make me laugh! Hope you all get feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I thought my three year old was the only one who plays that trick when he tells me his back hurts and needs rubbed all the time. Kids are so creative! and maybe conniving.

Mindy H. said...

I hope the flu bug makes a swift exit from your home...it is no fun being sick. But it was fun reading your "Nat-sims". You and your kids crack me up!

Mosers said...

I love it all! "I spilled" that's a classic! I hope you get feeling better!

Shera said...

I am so sorry you have all been sick. We all had it too so I can relate. It is so wonderful when kids learn to make it to the toilet when they are sick. I just finished washing the last of the bedding and I really hope it stays clean for a little while.

Edee Ulrich said...

You poor thing, I hate the flu and think they definatley need to come out with some stronger bug spray for that! I love the way children view the world and try to figure it out in their little minds, adorable! I hope you all get feeling better soon!

Darling Details said...

so sorry you're not well! Nothing is worst than being sick when your kids are sick. UGG! Hope things start improving soon.
HUGS!!!!!

Kar said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I love stories about what kids say, as you can tell from my blog. :) And I am soooooo sorry you have had the flu at your house. I have only had one kid at a time with the flu in my life - I hope I never have to cope with all of them having it at the same time like you have. And I like your new template.