Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Photo a Day: Flower/Something that Makes You Sad



No, flowers do not make me sad. Let me 'splain.

I love my tulips. Love them love them. They are my first flowers to bloom in the spring. (Actually, they are my only flowers that bloom at the moment. I've had others before, but none that have done as well as my tulips.)

They are my first sign that the long, long Idaho winter is finally melting away. They are so beautiful.

What makes me sad is they are only a spring flower. I would love if they lasted all spring and summer. And I know that's why I need to get other later-blooming flowers. But like I said, whenever I've gotten summer bloomers they've never actually done all that well in the "bloom" or "grow" department.

I do better with bushes. Really hardy, impossible-to-kill bushes.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Awww...maybe I'll get you some perennials for your birthday. Ones that are really hard to kill. :) And then you'll have some color in the summer!

Rachel said...

I feel the same way, I love tulips, but they just don't stick around long enough!

Layton Mom said...

My tulips came up really early and then got snowed on and froze. They were pretty for less than a week. At least I have your tulips to look at.