Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let's Go to the Movies

Lately I've seen a bunch of movies that I've been pleasantly surprised by. Not that I'm, like, a film critic and impossible to please, but I don't absolutely love everything I watch, either. And, I don't rush out to see every single movie in existence.

But Pete's always willing to give movies a shot. He took me out on a date last Friday (YAY!), and after eating at yummy Chili's, we rented a few movies.

We rented Horton Hears a Who! for the kids. And they love it. And it's funny, and cute! I never did see the Cat in the Hat remake, or the How the Grinch Stole Christmas remake (the ones where the live people were the characters). I saw snippets, and they were awful. But Horton is computer animated, which is what the others should have done in the first place. My boys asked to watch it over and over. We're thinking it will make a good birthday present come March for Brock.

We watched Ghost Town, and actually I hadn't heard anything about it. It has Ricky Gervais in it, who played the same character as Steve Carrell in The Office in the British version. It was funny, and touching, and uncomfortable (in a Michael Scott kind of way/open mouth insert foot), and just really good. Viewer be warned: there are two F-bombs.

I didn't really know what to expect with The House Bunny. It's a Happy Madison production, hence dirty Adam Sandler humor. But it didn't have too much of that (or maybe I'm desensitized). The main girl, Shelley, says a few phrases that I'm like, a girl SO wouldn't say that. But overall a cute story. Viewer be warned: you get to see her bare butt for a second. And I think there's one F-bomb.

Finally, I went to a movie with my mom and sisters on Saturday. I was surprised by Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I was expecting...well, I really don't know what I was expecting. I hadn't seen any previews, probably because we don't have TV. But Kevin James is a crack-up. I didn't laugh as much as I thought I would, though it was far from serious. It kind of turned into an underdog wins/action kind of movie. I actually really liked it, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. (Pete, if you're reading this, that's an invitation to take me out on another date!)

So, if you're stuck inside because of the freezing cold like we are, or just want something to rent, I'd recommend any of the above.

6 comments:

Ben said...

Nat, I'm totally with you on Horton. They should have done the other movies in the same animated style too. And we also rented Ghost Town. It was good, but I felt it wasn't as good as all the reviews I had read.

Hilary G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary G. said...

My girls love Horton! I've heard that Mall Cop is very funny. Maybe we will have to see it sometime.

lexykay said...

i'll meet you at the corner of NE and VER!!! hahaha

Shauna said...

Sorry I haven't been by for a few work has been crazy busy! ♥ Hugs :)

Kar said...

I loved Mall Cop. As you heard when I was laughing my butt off!! I swear the girl on that was in House Bunny, which I haven't seen yet, but it looks just like her.