Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Revisited

Suzy tagged me with this:


And you wanna know something ironic? April had tagged me with the same tag a little bit ago, and I couldn't think of anything. But then this morning after getting up with Ivy at 5:00 a.m., I went back to bed and couldn't get back to sleep. And I sat and thought of some random things about myself, even before I knew Suzy tagged me with it again! It must be fate that I reveal more crazy things about myself.
So without further ado:

1. I hate it when people breathe on me, like on my face. If someone whispers in my ear and they use a lot of breath...ew! I hate that. Or if someone blows on me. Ugh.

2. If someone can't remember my name, they almost always guess "Heather". I knew this girl in high school-kind of-we had the same piano teacher. Her name was Jesse. She called me Heather once, and I didn't correct her, so every time I saw her (she went to a different school, so it wasn't that often) she called me Heather. My cousins and I went to Pizza Hut one day, and she was our server. She's all, "Hi, Heather!" And my cousins were like, "Who's Heather?" So then I had to correct her. She was so embarrassed, as was I, because I hadn't corrected her, like, a year earlier when she first made the mistake.

3. I used to be able to chew gum for hours in high school. It didn't bother me that the flavor was gone. Only when it started to disintegrate in my mouth (it gets all grainy and tastes awful) would I not like it. But then I'd just put a new piece in.

4. This is kind of related to #3: I can't chew gum anymore, because it hurts my jaw. I can go about 5 minutes. But now my jaw will lock up randomly. It's called TMJ or something like that. I've had to pull my jaw out of the locked position before. It's kind of like pulling it out of socket and letting it snap back in. It hurts like a mother. My dad has the same thing.

5. No matter how hot it is, I have to sleep with the comforter on. And I have to have the covers clear up around my shoulders. I can't sleep with just the sheet.

6. When I was little (and I catch myself still doing this sometimes) I would open and close my mouth in time with my scissors. So I open them up, and my mouth would open too. As they closed, my mouth would close. Kind of like the opened mouth while applying mascara phenomenon.

7. I sucked my thumb until I was 8 years old. Not all the time, but subconsciously I would stick it in at night. My parents tried all the tricks, of bandaging my thumb, of putting nasty tasting stuff on, etc. I don't remember this, but my mom said my orthodontist started to call me every morning to see if I had sucked my thumb, and that's how they got me to stop.
So there you have it! 7 things you never knew you wanted to know about me, and probably didn't really want to know, but it's too late now, you read it already! HAHA!!

3 comments:

Mosers said...

I am the same way about people breathing on me... ewhhhhhhhh! And same thing with the gum...not good without the flavor anymore....!

CHELZERS said...

that's so funny. I don't think I knew any of those! :) thanks for posting, heather! :D

Kar said...

I didn't know that's how they got you to stop sucking your thumb!! How funny! And dude, I'm the same with breath. That's why I can't, like, make out with my husband. It just makes me sick. Poor guy. And I laughed so hard about the scissors thing. You open and close your mouth when you open and close scissors? How funny!