1. I'm a minimalist. I love to get rid of stuff, so much that I even fantasize about getting rid of other people's stuff. If I got a call from a pack rat telling me that they want to have me help them organize and dejunk, I think I would do the "Ford leap" and drive to their house that second. (It's Ford, right? I can't remember for sure...) And I can't wait until Ivy is older, because then I can get rid of the bassinet, and the high chair, and the saucer toy, etc., and I won't have to store them anymore. The Clean Sweep professional organizers are my heroes.
2. I have a conundrum about water. I can totally stick my face in the shower water, but I have a really hard time doing it in the swimming pool. I can't turn somersaults underwater to save my life-I come up sputtering and with a weird feeling in my ears. It took me forever to learn to breathe right while swimming the front crawl. Yet the full-powered spray of the shower doesn't bother me.
3. I hate toilets. HATE them. Well, I guess I should say I hate cleaning them. To clean the outside I use about 4 rolls of paper towels, because using a washcloth would be sick and wrong to me. The flushing chain thingy broke in Jakob's bathroom a few months ago, and for the few days he used our bathroom until it was fixed just totally grossed me out. Little boy pee-ew ew ewww!! If I'm downstairs and I have to go, I will go up to my bathroom (instead of using the downstairs bathroom), because it's cleaner, in my mind. My toilets currently have hard water buildup on the inside, and I bought some rubber gloves and a pumice stone thingy to try and scrub it off. And have I done it? No, because that would mean I would have to put my hand inside the toilet bowl! EWWW! Even with the gloves on I can barely stomach sticking my hand in there.
4. When I'm preparing food, I use the least amount of dishes possible. At lunchtime, I will use the same knife to cut hot dogs, slice cheese and apples, then also spread mayonnaise and mustard on a sandwich. I will use the same measuring cup or spoon as much as I can; if I need 1/4 cup of one thing and 1 cup of another, I will only get out the 1/4 cup and dip it 4 times for the 1 cup ingredient. I make a homemade pizza, and I will mix the extra spices into the tomato sauce in the can the sauce came in instead of putting it in a new bowl, just so I don't dirty a clean bowl.
5. Numbers. I can memorize phone numbers after dialing them only a couple of times. I still remember the S family's phone number that lived down the street, and I think I called them twice ever. I will remember birthdays of really random people. I love it when I look at the clock and it's 3:33, or 12:34, or 5:43, for example. My checkbook has to balance. I've heard of people rounding up or down in their checkbook for kind of a mindless savings; I tried it for a day and it totally drove me crazy that it wasn't exact.
6. Another contradiction quirk: food. Ham sandwiches are my favorite, but I hate cooked ham, like at Christmas or whatever. Maybe it's the slice thickness, but I would choose deli ham over cooked ham any time. I love corn, but I hate corn on the cob-I hate shucking it, and getting it in my teeth. I won't eat watermelon unless it's with a fork. I love tomato-based things (tomato soup, tomato sauce) but hate tomatoes. This quirk goes on and on.
There ya go. And because it takes one to know one, I tag...anyone that's on my list under Sweet Sites to list your six crazy quirks!