Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

If You Don't Like Raspberries, Don't Look!

Yep. My boys love blowing raspberries. And my belly is the perfect firmness, ripe for the fabulous "ppppfffftttthhhhpppp" noise.





And, because you already think I'm super amazing, here's a little poem I made up that you'll love (or you'll love me anyway, in spite of my poem) :

'Twas the night before baby, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The mom had cleaned everything,
Except the gross floor
Though her pelvis was hurting,
Then she said, "Hey, no more!"

The boys were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of baby sisters danced in their heads.

The dishes were done,
The hospital bag packed,
The camera batteries charged,
Not a thing did she lack.

The mom enjoyed her final moments with three
While baby girl kicked in her stomach with glee.

The excitement arises,
The moment has come!
In the morning I'll be drugged;
From waist down I'll be numb!

And then it's all over,
And soon I will birth "it"!
We'll see our new baby-
The waiting well worth it!


I know, I'm totally Dr. Seuss in the making!

5 comments:

Layton Mom said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cool Poem, Your boys are so cute! I cannot wait to see pictures of your new little girl. PS. I love reading your blog :)
Emily
(Kar's friend from 20yrs ago...that makes me too old I think from Elementary school sounds better. :))

Kristine said...

Good luck tomorrow Nat! I'll be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

TODAY is the day!!! HORRAY!!!

Kar said...

Wow, you're a poet, and I didn't even know it! :)