Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Picture of a Picture


Brock turned three. And as is custom in our house, it's picture time. I've done "professional" photos (JCPenney or Wal-Mart, thanks-that's about all I choose to afford professional-wise, and I totally use coupons) at 6 months, then a year, and every year hence. So the time had come, the walrus said. And it wasn't as bad as it could have been. He walked right in, but as soon as the lady tried to pose him, like "Can you put your hands in your pockets?" or "Okay, sit on this crate thing", that was it for him, and he ended up on my lap. But at least this year my shoulder isn't in the picture with him. We got a couple of smiles, and then tears, and then he wouldn't show his monkey's face-he covered his monkey's eyes with his hands. That was the end. But hey, we got one shot, and that's all I needed.

So here's a picture of the picture-I don't have a scanner. It's on the mile-long list of wants. Before ever getting a scanner, we need to pay for kidney stones and a baby girl...and like I said, the list is a mile long. If you want the real picture, and I know you, let me know and I can send one your way! Because you totally need this kid's dimpled adorable smile to brighten up your fridge front!

7 comments:

Beej said...

Soooooooooooooooo cute!! I totally want a copy! I freakin' love that kid. He is adorable.

I need to take pictures of our little family every year. I think it is important, even if we don't have any kids. We didn't do them last year. And as soon as my zits clear up a little bit, I want to do them for this year.

Kristine said...

So cute Nat! And you're right, all you need is 1!

Kar said...

Aw, dang it, I was hoping, when I saw the picture that you gave me, that he hadn't given you any trouble this time. Your kids + pictures = drama. Yeah, they did a good job of hiding you. I'm glad you got one good shot. I'm so glad to have him on my fridge again! I am still mad I lost his two-year-old picture in the move.

Layton Mom said...

That is such a cute shot of him! I totally love that kid and he isn't even family.

Amy said...

So the picture drama continues... Good of you to keep trying anyway- and it is so cute! Maybe if your kids hate photographers they will love the dentist. One can dream...

Anonymous said...

You are right. I'm so glad to get a picture of that cute little momma's boy with the dimples! He makes a cute little superman, too!

Soozee Carmichael said...

I love the picture!! Mom and dad got the family picture up thanks to Jeff and Amy...it looks good. Brock is such a cutie..but all your kids are cuties!!