Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Photo a Day Thingy: Up

Oh, my poor, neglected blog. *sigh* We've all been sick for like, a month. Now that we're finally, FINALLY, getting better (although Jake just started getting sick today - grrr), I figured I should try to find a few minutes here and there to blog.

And what better way to do it than to jump onto someone else's idea??  If you're looking for originality here, you're NOT GOING TO FIND IT! Ha ha! Nee-ner, nee-ner, NEEEEEE-NERRRRR!!!

I was lurking around someone else's blog the other day. Because let's face it-I've moved from "commenter" to "lurker". I still read people's blogs, but I don't comment, which is so sad. Who doesn't love comments? Anyway, I was lurking, and there's a blog that that girl follows, called Fat Mum Slim. She's all about photography, and blogging, and has about a trillion followers.

So, she does this thing called a photo a day. She comes up with a topic for each day of the month. And then I think you're supposed to take these fabulous artsy pictures and link to them, and then everyone can see them, and all that fabulous stuff.

But.

I am not a photographer, no matter how much I want to be. A lot of my pictures are pretty crappy. Therefore, I will NOT be linking them to the hashtag, because people would be all, "This chick must be on crack." However, I still think pictures are important, especially pics of my kids. I'm hoping by doing this it will 1) get me back in the habit of blogging, and 2) get me back in the habit of taking "everyday" pictures.

Because I discovered this near the end of March, I'm going to do a little of March's list, and a little of April's, and sometimes combine some of the ideas. Well...we'll just see how this goes, shall we?

So here are the lists. March:


And April's:


Today I chose to do "Up" from March's list. I have two interpretations. First, this one:



My kids are always, always climbing up on the counter.

And here is my other picture. Brock drew/colored this for last Mother's Day (2011). It's a picture of Paradise Falls, which is in the movie Up. He's such a good artist - it blows my mind.

So there you have it. UP.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Cute, Nat! I'm excited to see more posts on here.