Meet The Nat Pack!

My photo
The Nat Pack: The super fashionable, super mod, super hip family consisting of Nat, Pete, Jakob, Brock, Troy, and Ivy. Like The Rat Pack, only younger, cuter, and not as rich or famous.

Monday, March 1, 2010

New to Me

I got some new Sunday clothes for my kids. Some of their stuff was really craptastic. Now they look so very dapper!


I earned my Young Women medallion. And it has a new design, FYI. Cool, huh?

Saturday I accidentally washed Pete's wallet. Good times with that. Hey, at least it wasn't his phone, too. So he's going to need a new one of those.

I tried a new recipe last night for dinner. I think it turned out pretty good. And it's super easy. Here it is:


CREAMY CHICKEN BROCCOLI SKILLET

½ cup Miracle Whip
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cups water
1 16-oz. package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
½ pound Velveeta cheese spread, cubed
2 cups Minute rice, uncooked

Cook chicken in Miracle Whip in skillet, about 8 minutes, until done. Add water, broccoli, and Velveeta. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.


I am in love with this new song, by The Script, called Breakeven. It's one of those songs that I could listen to over and over and over right now. Truth be told, I think it came out a long time ago, but I've just barely heard it on the radio this last week.


And finally, a new site, that I think is so awesome, and I wish I'd thought of it first. But I could never write the commentary like she does. Sadly, I think my uterus was the body organ that held my sense of humor, and when that got taken out my amazing wit left with it. I used to be so funny. (Well, to me, anyway. But I am my own best audience.) The site is called Promtacular! ; I've been a long-time blog stalker of the personal blog of the chick that put it together. Hi-larious. I think we all have doozies of prom/dance pictures; she has endless material to work with.

Also, I decided I need to re-new my zeal for projects. I keep looking at all these things that I'd like to do "someday", and go "eh" about 'em. I'd like to do them, but right now I keep not having time. I don't think my life is going to settle down any time soon, though, so I need to integrate them (somehow) into my life. Now.

So, since I've been gone a while, what's new with you?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!! I Love the new suits and dress!! Very spiffy:)

I like that song. I've never heard it before so thanks for sharing! Mark was like "what are you listening to." Of course he wouldn't like it. It's too girly. LOL

I know what you mean about projects! I need to get some stuff done around the house before this baby comes. *SIGH*

Rachel said...

I have to say that I have washed Reid's wallet on more than one occasion. Those aren't very happy days at our house. I say the first time it happened it was my fault, after that he should learn not to leave it in his pants when he puts it in the dirty clothes basket.

Kar said...

I really like the lyrics of that song. But not the style, sadly. But those lyrics ring SOOO true. I love that new Prom blog! I could submit SEVERAL photos to her. She could gleefully make fun of my turquoise satin number. Your kids' church clothes are adorable, too.

Momza said...

Your babies would look adorable in burlap sacks!
I love that you've earned your YW medallion!!! GO YOU!

Soozee Carmichael said...

Let me first say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE The Script, and have for like a year and a half!!!! Breakeven has been my theme song for a while now! I absolutely love that song and have listened to it on repeat for DAYS before!!!! I am so happy someone else has discovered their awesomeness!!! YAY!!! Also, love the kids, they are so darn cute!!!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Whatever about your humor leaving with your uterus! You have always been and always will be very funning and entertaining!!

Super cute church clothes too.

Robin said...

I saw your daghter at church in her new dress and for a very small moment I wished for a girl. She was adorable!

Robin said...

Not "daghter," but "daughter." Ever type while nursing a wiggly nine month old? Not so easy.

Mindy H. said...

Wow. Your kids are so stinkin' cute! And I am going to check out the prom site. You are always such a fountain of good ideas and positive energy!

jo said...

your kids church clothes are so cute! as are your kids. and congrats on your young women medallion. i really like the new design.